In delivering to our customers, the agreed products and services, we recognise that we will have an impact on the offices and surrounding environment and that health and safety risks will arise. We therefore accept as our moral duty the need to take all practical steps to prevent harm to anyone, the environment, and our customers' assets.
It is management's responsibility to achieve high health, safety, environmental and quality performance. In addition, it is the responsibility of everyone to co-operate with management to prevent injury to themselves and others and to help improve environmental and quality performance.
It is therefore our priority and policy to:
- Achieve the best quality products and services to our customers in order to fulfil and exceed their demands and expectations.
- Achieve the highest standards of health and safety performance through the minimisation of risk.
- Minimise the environmental impact of our activities in terms of resource consumption, pollution and waste creation.
- Exceed the expectations of our customers' and stakeholders.
In order to realise this policy objectives, we:
- Foster an industry best safety culture through the right personal attitudes and behaviours in a supportive work environment using effective processes.
- Establish all necessary measures for prevention of accidents, incidents and professional diseases and provide a healthy and safe working environment.
- Comply with all the applicable health, safety, environment and employment legislation and international treaties.
- Continually improve our safety, health, environment and quality performance.
- Establish and implement improvement plans with challenging and measurable objectives and targets.
- Expect the co-operation and commitment of everyone on, or connected with, the site in delivering improved performance.
- Work positively with all our associates, our customers and all other stakeholder organisations and individuals; strive to understand their needs and meet their requirements.
This policy is implemented for all our activities through the ongoing development and implementation of an Integrated Management System that meets the requirements of ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), OHSAS 18001 (Health & Safety Management) and EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme).
This policy is reviewed during management meetings; it is communicated to all employees of G & E Thermosolar Ltd and is made available to the stakeholders.